Spec.HighOleic SFO OilSpec. RBD SunFlowerOil
- Types and area of usage for ¬†SFO
- Production & Consumption
- Export & Import
- Technology & Market trends &Organic products
- High oleic sunflower oil (HOSO)
- How to order¬†
- Non-Refined Sunflower oil bulk – from 22 MT
- Non-Refined Sunflower oil PET bottled 0,5-1L 2L, 5L
- Refined Sunflower oil (RBD) : bulk – from 22 MT
- Refined Sunflower oil Refined Sunflower oil PET bottled 0,5-1L 2L, 5L
- Refined Sunflower oil HDPE Jerry Cans 5-10-20 L
- High oleic sunflower oil (HOSO) –bottled 0.7-1L
Price – SFO is globally trade commodity price changes on the weekly bases¬† we are owner of the goods and can give competitive price¬†straight¬†away if we have volumes –¬†fill the online request on your right >>>
- Majority of Sunflower oil is for food & cooking (human consumption) based of culinary preferences as a way of usage it can very from¬†¬†non-refined cold press ( best for dressing and salads ) to RBD (refined, bleached, deodorized) best for frying ¬†, there are quite a few varieties in the between.
- SFO also can be used for cosmetic and pharmacological per posies
- The manufacturing remains of SFO and lower grades not for human consumption oil can be used for variety of industrial applications ¬† – so cold dark Coca-Cola SFO technical oil.
Production: Sunflower oil production¬† is increasing¬† globally at an average annual rate of +4.3% by volume and +4.5% by value since 2010 (fastest¬† growth¬† in production throughout 2015 was observed in Australia 57%, United States 55%, Uruguay 33% Bolivia, 15% and Ukraine¬† 5% )
Total global production of sunflower oil amounted to 15.15 million tonnes in 2015. The average annual growth in volumes ¬†in the period 2011-2015 was +1.0%. The largest world producers of sunflower oil are: Ukraine 4 555 ( 31% of world output), Russian Federation 3 755 ( 22% ), EU27 2 980 ( 19%), Argentina 1 140 ( 7%), Turkey 595 ( 3.7%) ¬†(thousand MT) within the EU¬† largest producers ¬†France 527, Hungary 472and Spain 433 thousand MT respectively. Other large sunflower oil producers in Europe are Romania (390 thousand MT) and Bulgaria (339 thousand MT).
Consumption: Global consumption of sunflower oil¬† as the cooking oil is going up 1% . It should be noted however that soya bean and palm oil remain the largest ( and fastest growing ) products in developing world¬† and sunflower oil¬† ( especially High oleic sunflower oil -HOSO) more popular in developed markets ¬†where it‚Äôs increasingly used as the alternative to olive oil. ¬†In EU countries such as France, sunflower oil has become the most commonly used oil in recent years. ¬†The largest consumption market in Europe by far is Spain, where ¬†sunflower oil consumption has remained stable since 2010 (over 550 thousand MT). Use of both sunflower and olive oil is high in Spanish and other Mediterranean dishes. Italy and France consumed significant amounts of sunflower oil (360 and 340 thousand MT respectively). Other large consumption markets are the United Kingdom (290 thousand MT), the Netherlands (280 thousand MT) and Germany (280 thousand MT).
In India and Middle East region as well as in China sunflower oil is increasingly replacing palm oil in specific industrial applications.
Consumer preferences can vary between countries and regions a lot. ¬†Middle East¬† consumers ¬†prefer refined ¬†light colored oil whereas In EU countries, France in particular, consumers prefer a strong yellow color with a medium to high sunflower-like taste, Italians and Germans favor ¬†nutty and grain-like flavor. In Dutch like their sunflower oil with a neutral taste and odor.
Export & Import
Major share of world the sunflower oil export comes from the Black Sea area, with Ukraine and Russia are the main supplying countries. Ukraine being by far the largest world producer of crude sunflower oil (32% global output ¬†and 57% of export ¬†) ¬†takes only third place in export of refined product and fall short of Top 10 exporters in respect to bottled and branded products. Ukraine abundance in crude sunflower oil seems also fuels up the production of refined oil in neighboring countries.
In particular Turkey , which is the 1-st largest world exporter of refined sunflower oil. ¬†In 2015 Turkey managed to export 618 thousand MT of refined sunflower oil which is above total domestic production of 595 thousand MT) . Therefor Turkey ¬†also ¬†is the 1-st larger buyer/importer ¬†of crude/unrefined Russian ¬†sunflower oil ( 461 thousand MT) and ¬†3-rd larger buyer/importer of unrefined Ukrainian crude sunflower seeds oil ( 215 thousand MT). Such transit role of Turkey in re-export of sunflower oil likely to change soon due to closing Russian market for Turkish buyers as well as Russian focus on domestic ratification of sunflower oil and opening of Iranian market for Russian manufacturers .
World largest importer of refined sunflower oil is the Iraqi (nearly 400 thousand MT) with Turkish is the major supplier. It seems that Iraqi top world import linked to a close vicinity of Iran, and at least partially, due to unaccounted bilateral trade ¬†and supply chains between those two counties, ¬†including but not limited to sunflower ¬†oil.
India is the world largest the fast growing end consumer of sunflower oil and in 2015 in was the largest buyer of unrefined crude sunflower oil ¬†¬†98% of oil comes from Ukraine, it accounts ¬†for up to 35% of Ukrainian export of that product (1490 thousand MT) . Ukraine-India crude/unrefined sunflower oil trade had increased annually 21% ¬†¬†(2011-2015), however, for refined oil trade is very small as ¬†India imported in 2015 total ¬†just under 200 tons of refined oil ¬†.
Total European exports of sunflower oil ¬†in ALL forms went over ¬†2.2 million TM ¬†in 2015 . More than a third of all EU sunflower oil imports originated from Ukraine and/or Russian suppliers. Due to brake up in EU ‚ÄďRussian Trade Ukraine in 2015 accounted for most of this import. ¬†Hungary, Romania , Bulgaria as well as Belgium and France ¬†also benefited from re-export and processing of ¬†Ukrainian sunflower oil or seeds. Therefore some time export stats for different HS code can represent mismatch.
Refined sunflower oil import figures for 2015 as follows : Belgium (207 thousand MT), UK (129 thousand MT) ¬†Germany ( over 100 thousand MT). Belgium‚Äôs role as a trade hub reflects the importance of the port of Antwerp in this sector. On the crude unrefined sunflower oil¬† – Netherlands ( 121 thousand MT) ¬†as well as ¬†Spain and Italy , ¬†are the largest importer of ¬†unrefined sunflower oil in Europe.
Respectively largest destinations for EU export are the Belgium United Kingdom, Germany, and Netherlands. ¬†All-in-all one way or the other most of sunflower oil (whether ¬†in form of seeds, ¬†crude or refined¬† sunflower oil) comes from Ukraine, to above end consumers ¬†often via other EU counties ¬†like Hungary Poland or Baltic States.
Therefore lets ¬†pay more attention to Ukrainian domestic sunflower oil market. In 2015 Ukraine recorded an annual growth of export +2.5% by volume and +1.9% by value. So far ongoing political crisis in Ukraine did not seem to have adverse impact on the oilseed and vegetable oil ¬†production and trade. However, situation may change in 2016 due to bankruptcy of argo holding Kreative Group and reports of tax related disturbances to operations of Cargill – largest Ukrainian and global sunflower oil producer.
Prices & Margins
Sunflower oil is global commodity with futures ¬†contracts option available. The end /processed product price depend on trade channels for sunflower oil which do not deviate from the general structure for Vegetable Oils.
Price of sunflower oil depends on:
- the way the oil had been extracted from the seeds )
- quality of seeds and oil
- purity ( refined unrefined )
- content of oleic acid (HOSO)
- packaging ( bulk or bottled)
In the wholesale trade the following margins can be expected:
- Exporter Importers: will depend on whether the oil is simply being forwarded (5-10%),
- or whether the importer has to re-sell¬† specific quantities (10-20%).
- Refiners charge a fixed amount per tonne of oil refined, approx. adds¬† USD 200-300/tonne.
- Bottlers and retailers will highly depend¬† on the nature of the final product. approx. adds¬† USD 200-500/tonne.
- Brokers: ranging from approximately¬† 1 -3¬† %, or fixed price per tonne
Technology & Market trends
There are three major ways to get sunflower oil out of sunflower seed
1. Cold Press ¬†Sunflower seeds oil ‚Äď¬† means that¬† at ALL stage of seeds or oil ¬†processing ¬†the temperature is below ¬†80 C ‚Äď such oil is¬† cold pressed and then filtered ‚Äď it has shorter shelf life and should be protected from light¬† ( sold in dark glass bottles¬† ) used for salads dressing ‚Äď not for¬† frying¬† ¬† ¬†¬†– We have capacity to supply‚Äď small and mid size ( up to 50 000 bottles /moth= 50 MT ) of Cold Press Ukrainian¬†¬† and can class bottle and do private label ‚Äď providing throughout QC checks at the sight of manufacturing ¬† ¬† ¬†¬†Considered to be Organic ¬†Product ‚Äď and niche market¬†
2. Regular Press Sunflower seeds oil ‚Äď oil is obtained by conventional press process ‚Äď it can be further refined¬† or filtered. It is more likely to ¬†retain natural odor and often do not undergo RBD (refined, bleached, deodorized) ¬†however it can ¬†–¬† Such oil is Best for ¬†salads dressing ‚Äď as well as for¬† frying .¬†We have capacity to supply‚Äď bulk (in flaxitanks 22-24 MT ) and bottled (0.5l-1l-3l, 5l) ¬†b2c &b2b products ¬†( up to 3000 MT /month) product can be private labeled – Best retail option for up market¬†
3. Extraction Sunflower seeds oil – solvent extraction of sunflower oil form seeds conduced ¬†with ¬†hexane (the primary solvent used worldwide) ¬†Possess is considered to be most efficient and ¬†¬†allows to remove all but about 99.5 % of oil ,. It is efficient and reliable, and allows to process large tonnages of oil from protein meal. This oil is light and best for industrial ¬†scale cooking and frying . We have capacity to supply such ‚Äď large volumes of bulk and bottled ¬†refined ¬†sunflower oil¬†¬† (up to 8 000 MT a¬† month) Best¬†Wholesale¬†Price¬†
A growing segment in the developed (EU US) markets is high oleic sunflower oil, originating from hybrid sunflower seeds.
The overall demand in Europe for healthy ingredients in food processing is growing rapidly. Oleic acid and Linoleic acid ¬†belongs to families of essential fatty acids, which means that the human body cannot synthesize it from other food components ¬†The high content of Oleic acid and ¬†linoleic acid, essential fatty acids and vitamin E in sunflower oil provides, positively-assessed health claims that contribute to healthy blood cholesterol concentrations, children‚Äôs growth (omega 3 and 6) Whereas demand for high oleic sunflower oil is generally increasing in Europe, supplies remain tight, which points toward an interesting opportunity for developing country exporters
High oleic sunflower oil (HOSO) What is ‚Äúhigh oleic‚ÄĚ oil?
High oleic oil is any oil that is high in monounsaturated fats ¬†Oleic acid ¬†+ linoleic acid in particular .¬† Olive oil is naturally high in monounsaturated fat, but it is also high in polyunsaturated fats which mean they are not very shelf-stable.¬† The traditional sunflower oil seed has a 65% linoleic acid and 20% oleic acid content, and can therefore be categorised with oilseeds such as soybean, cottonseed. In recent years, sunflower oils that are bred to be even higher in monounsaturated fats and low in polyunsaturated fats had been developed such sunflower oil more healthy and ¬†can be used in products that need to be shelf-stable due to increased oxidation stability. Hybrid sunflowers seed give high-oleic seeds ranging from 60% to 90% in monounsaturated fats . The lower concentration of saturated fats in high-oleic sunflower oil is often preferred as a healthy ingredient.
In EU and US, the market has been slowly switching to high-oleic sunflower oil, stimulating growers to do the same. We suggest ¬†that the demand for high-oleic sunflower oil surpasses its current availability, which brings price up and is translated into market opportunities for exporters. The production of high oleic sunflower oil in Ukraine, Russia and Argentina remain largely linoleic, due to the costly supply chain segregation from traditional crops. Some EU countries ( France in particular ) ¬†made headway in growing high-oleic hybrid sunflower crops. In 2016 we proud to offer Ukrainian high-oleic sunflower oil .
Food Safety and Export of Sunflower oil
The EU QC checks database of Europe‚Äôs Rapid Alert System for Food and Feed (RASSF) indicates that import of sunflower oil can be alerted and/or rejected for numerous reasons, for example, because of improper health certificates, benzopyrene contamination or the presence of mineral oil. Although a relatively limited amount of notifications has been identified in the last years, food safety alerts are important.
Important to know and watch in quality of sunflower oil ?
- Maximum level for erucic acid in oils and fats for human consumption.
- Maximum level for extraction solvents for food
- Contaminants in food
- Maximum Residue Levels (MRLs) of pesticides in food
- Additives, enzymes and flavorings in food
- Hygiene of foodstuffs based on the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) principles
- Labeling: In case you are supplying consumer labeled products (in for example bottles and containers) you may consider to take into account labeling requirements laid down in European Union Regulation 1169/2011.